house flooding

Flood Insurance

Flood damage is not covered in most home or property insurance policies. Consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy to protect yourself against this most common natural disaster. Flood insurance includes three types of coverage: building, contents, and replacement costs. Each type offers different kinds of protection. Old Point Insurance can help you determine the right kind of coverage you need to stay protected.

  Coverage options for properties include:

  • Building and foundation

  • Electrical and plumbing systems

  • Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters

  • Refrigerators, stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers

  • Permanently-installed carpeting over unfinished flooring

  • Window blinds

  • Detached garages, up to 10% of building property coverage


  Coverage options for contents include:

  • Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment

  • Curtains

  • Portable air conditioners

  • Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers

  • Carpets not permanently installed over unfinished flooring

  • Washers and dryers

  • Freezers and food contents

  • Valuable items such as original artwork and furs, up to $2,500

  • Replacement cost coverage is not available for personal property

We take the time to create a policy that is customized to your needs, so that you have the insurance plan that will protect what matters most to you.


Contact us at 757.224.1463 or [email protected] to learn more about our insurance options.