About the Old Point Visa Debit Card:
- Old Point features a small microchip embedded in every debit card.
- The chip stores information, performs processing, and adds an additional layer of security for your protection.
- The chip generates a unique code with each transaction, making counterfeiting cards and duplicating transactions nearly impossible.
How to Use Your Debit Chip Card:
- Customers can still swipe a chip-enabled card using the magnetic stripe on the back of the card at merchants who haven't yet updated their terminals.
- If you swipe your chip-enabled card at a chip-activated terminal, the terminal will prompt you to insert the card into the chip slot instead.