Open an Account Online
Open a personal checking, savings, or select CD account online directly from your computer or device when it's convenient for you. We offer an entire line of accounts with options to suit your financial needs.
Enjoy these great benefits:
We offer state-of-the art technology and sophisticated financial services to help you easily manage your finances. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals.
- Surcharge-FREE access to 55,000 ATMs worldwide via the Allpoint Network
- Online and Mobile banking
- Visa® contactless debit card
- Debit card controls with the MobiMoney app
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and FitBit Pay
- Person-to-person payments through Zelle
- Switch or setup your direct deposit online with ClickSWITCH
- Easy-to-balance monthly statements with check images
We are Here To Help!
- Call us at 757.728.1290 or 1.800.952.0051 Monday-Thursday 9:00am-5:30pm & Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
- Visit your local branch
- Schedule an appointment with one of our financial experts
You can open personal checking accounts, personal savings accounts, and select certificate of deposit (CD) accounts online.
Individuals 18 years or older located in Virginia or North Carolina are able to open an account online.
An account can be opened online in minutes if you have all of your necessary information handy. Funding for the account will be completed on the next business day.
- Address, phone number, email, and social security number.
- Identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID, or passport.
- A bank account, debit card, or credit card to fund your account.
The minimum deposit amount to open a personal checking account is $25.00.
The minimum deposit amount to open a personal savings account ranges from $5.00 to $2,500.00 and is specificed on our website and on our online account opening tool.
The minimum deposit amount required to open a CD varies and is specified on our website and on our online account opening tool.
Yes, you can add a joint owner to your account.
You can add up to 4 beneficiaries to an account online.
Yes, you can save and exit your application to resume at a later time. The information entered in your application will be saved for 14 days.