Your social security number
Your bank account number
Your ATM, debit, or credit card numbers
Your credit card validation number
Your online/mobile banking username or password
REMEMBER - Old Point will NEVER request your personal information (ex. social security number, account number, PIN, username or password) through email or unsolicited phone calls.
To report suspected fraud, please email our security team at email@example.com.
December 26, 2017 - We have been notified that both customers and non-customers have received fraudulent text messages claiming to come from Old Point. The text may read that Old Point has "frozen your card" and requests that you call them to resolve the problem. Please do not call and/or provide any of your personal or account information. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 757.728.1290.
>>Equifax Data Breach Information
- Change all user access credentials. If you use the same passwords for all financial institutions, change them. Watch out for suspicious email, phone and snail mail scams. Enable test and email alerts and turn on two-factor authentication when possible.
- Check your credit reports. Identify what information it contained and look for any unusual activity that could indicate identity theft.
- Pay extra attention to your account and billing statements, checking for unauthorized charges.
- Pay attention to credit monitoring service alerts and enable text and email alerts. If you don't already have a credit monitoring service, sign up for one.
- Place a 90 day fraud alert with one of the three credit bureaus. They automatically notify each other, so placing with one places it with all three.
- Consider placing a credit freeze on your credit files to prevent credit, loans and other services from being opened in your name without permission. To add a security freeze, each credit bureau needs to be contacted separately.
- If identity theft strikes, contact your ID theft resolution provider for personal assistance. Don't have one? Old Point has services that can help!
Equifax's Notice & FAQs
Old Point Fraud Tools
- Secure Checking - sign up for the checking account that includes triple bureau credit monitoring, triple bureau credit reports, and 24/7 identity management/resolution services!
- MobiMoney - Download this free app to setup alerts and transaction customizations to catch debit and credit card fraud instantly!
Identity Theft Assistance
For Secure Checking or Admirals Club Checking customers that have our Identity Management Services, please call us at 757.728.1290 for inquiries or immediate help with resolving identity theft. We will connect you with an experienced fraud specialist at CyberScout for personal assistance with the resolution process.